2.0.2 build bombs for me:

google/protobuf/descriptor.cc: In member function `void
   google::protobuf::DescriptorBuilder::AllocateOptionsImpl(const
std::string&,
   const std::string&, DescriptorT::OptionsType&, DescriptorT*)':
google/protobuf/descriptor.cc:2225: syntax error before `>' token
make[2]: *** [descriptor.lo] Error 1

Granted I am unfortunately using a pretty ancient gcc:
gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-52)

But protobuf-2.0.1 worked great.
Any way you can preserve this compatibility you had until now?  We are
moving to a newer EL soon, but not soon enough such that this breakage
inconveniences me quite a bit right now.

BTW, I am thrilled with protocol buffers so far!  Great work.

Thanks
--edan