On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 2:26 AM, edan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I quick google didn't turn up much for me on what that actually means
> - does it mean anything to y'all?

Yes, this was an overzealous warning present in one version of GCC which was
promptly toned down in subsequent versions.  You can ignore it.

> In any case, using gcc 4.1.2, "make" and "make check" (any reason you
> didn't use the more standard "make test"?) succeeded for me, so I
> guess I will have to just wait to update to protobuf-2.0.2 until I can
> move myself to the newer gcc.

I'll try to look into this more when I get a chance.  You should be fine
sticking with 2.0.1, though, as long as you weren't hoping to use the new
"custom options" feature.