In order to *use* the Java implementation, you need to build that same C++
code -- the protocol compiler.  The Java protobuf runtime is mostly useless
without it.  However, you can get a prebuilt copy of protoc.exe for windows
here:
http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/downloads/detail?name=protoc-2.1.0-win32.zip

You can then use it to build the Java code.