On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Javier <espinosa.javie...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
> libprotobuf.la. i have the capability to make that librar
> automatically link in when you link to this library. But I cna only do
> htis if you have a shared versino of the library, which you do not
> appear to have.
> libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-
> cygwin shared libraries

These warnings are normal when compiling on Windows.  You can probably avoid
them by passing --disable-shared to configure, which won't hurt anything
because libtool will refuse to build shared libraries anyway.

> eventually it says there is a libprotobuf.a file inside /.libs dir
> that cannot be found (no such file or directory) and then stops
> executing. The file IS there, I checked.

I have not seen that in my testing.  What exact arguments did you pass to
configure and make?  Can you send the full error log?  (I doubt I'll be able
to figure it out but maybe there's something there.)