Coincidentally, last weekend I started working on an open source
protobuf-based RPC system.  Currently I am defining a socket-level protocol,
but I also intend to support an HTTP-level protocol with optional JSON
encoding to allow calls from Javascript.  I stuck some totally undocumented
code here:

http://pbcap.googlecode.com

But some coworkers pointed out that the name is confusingly similar to
"pcap", so I'm planning to change it.

Currently this is not an official Google project; I'm working on it in my
spare time.

2009/12/9 Romain François <francoisrom...@free.fr>

> A request looks like this :

> POST /{service full name}/{method name} HTTP/1.0

I would recommend against putting the service type name in the URL.  This
makes it impossible to export two services of the same type.  Instead, you
should allow the application to register services under any name it chooses.

I'd also suggest making the method name be part of the query, like:

  POST /someservice?method={method name}

This may be a matter of taste, but I feel like a service object should be a
single HTTP "resource", rather than have each method be a separate resource.

> Connection: close

Why not allow pipelining?