I have a CMake based C++ project that needs to support protocol buffers
across Windows, Linux, and MacOS. We are using Github actions to regress
any pushes and PRs, and I am looking for the best approach to a include
protobuf in the Github Actions framework.

Some of the dependent projects need the protobuf environment to be
installed as they are using CMake's find_package() to configure themselves.
The fact that each environment uses a different build process is causing me
grief. Looking for guidance how to construct a Github action to include
protobuf in a CMake project.