On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:21:07AM -0500, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> > I pushed a patch this morning that bumped the Perl and Ruby versions.
> > Can you please include that in RC2? Thanks.
> >

> That will be picked up for RC2, but I really think we need one and only one
> place to bump the version number for a given release. Is there a reason
> that it is difficult to make those builds reference an external version
> number somehow?

Not difficult, no. We just have to pass it through a similar filter as
would be done when using autoconf. For development purposes the version
doesn't matter, just when we're creating those artifacts.

So we could change release.sh to take the version number that's passed
in and use it, though that's duplicating what's in the root
CMakeLists.txt already. It just needs to be something we don't have to
pass into the build system for packaging, for example.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/