On Thu, 2015-02-26 at 09:39 +0000, Dominic Evans wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> -----Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com> wrote: -----
> > I plan to start working on a "go" <golang.org> binding for proton. I
> > envisage a SWIG binding similar to the other swig-based bindings
> > (python, ruby, etc.) and an API layer similar to the new reactive
> > Python API (based on the C reactor.)
> >
> > This will be an exploratory effort to begin with, I'd like to hear
> > from anybody who might be interested in using such a thing or helping
> > to implement it.
>
> This is certainly something I'd be interested in. However, as far as I was
> aware, the usefulness of SWIG for Go was where you needed to wrapper C++
> libraries.
>
> If you're just planning on wrapping the proton-c reactor code, wouldn't we
> simply use cgo [1]?

Maybe. The go docs mention both swig and cgo. My initial assumption was
that since we already have a well defined swig layer that is used by
everything else, that probably would make sense. However I haven't
looked at cgo in detail yet so if it has big advantages over swig then
it is a possibility.

Cheers,
Alan.