On 6 July 2015 at 18:57, Rafael Schloming <r...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> FWIW, my changes in this area really represent the minimum diff necessary
> to get the reactor branch to land. None of this is related to the reactor
> changes per se,

Yes, it almost seems like a change in default behaviour of a sasl
enabled server to allow non-SASL connections should have a JIRA of its
own :P

> it just so happens the reactor tests include several tests
> that check interop between proton-c and proton-j and these tests keep
> stumbling over incompatibilities that are currently quite easy to arise
> given the current state of the sasl implementations.
>
> While I agree 100% that the APIs should converge, at the moment I'm
> actually slightly more worried about the on-the-wire interop issues. More
> specifically, while it's bad for proton-c and proton-j APIs to look
> different, it's *really* bad if the default settings for one result in a
> configuration that won't interop with the default settings for the other.
>
> --Rafael

I can agree with that. Although I do feel the defaults for both
engines (independent from the defaults of any of our other code that
uses them, which can do anything it likes) are now wrong as a result
of this latest change ;)