I don't really know much about Go, so I mainly have questions rather
than answers.

- What would actually be included in this 'qpid-proton-go' repo vs the
existing qpid-proton repo?
- Have you looked into how other Apache projects are supporting "go
get", if there are any, to see what do they do?

I'm not sure how well it would go down with infra to be routinely
'distributing' things directly out of the repo. Might be worth
discussing with infra. Perhaps we could point folks at the GitHub
mirror to alleviate that? Not sure if there are path issues involved
with that though. Somewhat looping back to 'what do other projects
do?' again.

Robbie