Thanks a lot for your input Robbie

Robbie Gemmell wrote
> I'm afraid I don't have any real experience of using Event Hubs,
> Android, Messenger, or combinations thereof, instead mostly
> using/developing proton-j as a pure protocol engine used within other
> components such as the JMS client or brokers like ActiveMQ. I can
> however try to answer some of your questions.

You are already helping me a lot

Robbie Gemmell wrote
> The 'AndroidProton' you referred to in your original post looks to be
> a wrapper of a JNI based Java binding for proton-c which existed in
> the main repo previously. That JNI binging was removed perhaps a
> couple of years ago or longer.

You are right, it is a full JNI implementation thanks to the authors' job

Robbie Gemmell wrote
> The reactive work is more developed in the other languages/bindings,
> but there is a Reactor impl in proton-j that could form the basis ...

That sounds good. I'm complete newb in the proton project, so I have to do a
little digging in the project.
Having android native implementation in proton sound interesting in this
nice project. A lot of devices out there are android based, and Amqp will be
required for a lot IoT backends (Azure in instance) on such device.

@tourili