On Tue, 2016-01-19 at 13:46 -0700, tourili wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your input Robbie
>
> Robbie Gemmell wrote
> > I'm afraid I don't have any real experience of using Event Hubs,
> > Android, Messenger, or combinations thereof, instead mostly
> > using/developing proton-j as a pure protocol engine used within
> > other
> > components such as the JMS client or brokers like ActiveMQ. I can
> > however try to answer some of your questions.
>
> You are already helping me a lot
>

> Robbie Gemmell wrote
> > The 'AndroidProton' you referred to in your original post looks to
> > be
> > a wrapper of a JNI based Java binding for proton-c which existed in
> > the main repo previously. That JNI binging was removed perhaps a
> > couple of years ago or longer.
>
> You are right, it is a full JNI implementation thanks to the authors'
> job
>

> Robbie Gemmell wrote
> > The reactive work is more developed in the other
> > languages/bindings,
> > but there is a Reactor impl in proton-j that could form the basis
>
> That sounds good. I'm complete newb in the proton project, so I have
> to do a
> little digging in the project.
> Having android native implementation in proton sound interesting in
> this
> nice project. A lot of devices out there are android based, and Amqp
> will be
> required for a lot IoT backends (Azure in instance) on such device.
>
> @tourili

Possibly not relevant to Java but FYI I'm working on a "minimized"
reactor the connection_engine. The idea is to break down the reactor
into individual connections that can be managed by other IO/threading
frameworks.

The problem I'm addressing is having a C based rector dictate how IO is
handled and how events are dispatched, since Java has a native reactor
you may not have these problems and if you do can probably fix  them
directly in the java reactor. However I am building experience in
breaking apart a "monolithic" reactor so if that sounds like something
of interest give me a shout.

Cheers,
Alan.