Andrew: that two features bring us back to Dan's or mine implementations and
take out the lightweightness of Martin's elegant solution.

Martin: by all means, submit a patch with tests on the already existing
ticket:
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/7476#comment:1

Doing so will enable easy reviewing and comparing.

-m