On 3/13/07, Christophe Porteneuve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > 4. "foo=a=b=c" becomes { foo:'a=b=c' }
> Totally (is this even a valid URL component though?).

Backends choose how they parse query strings. This is how Rails parses it,
and here it preserves original data when serialized back to string.

> 5. it handles "&a=b&&&&c=d" properly, too
> That is, how?  I figure { a: 'b', c: 'd' }...

Right.

Just a thought: optional argument to put brackets in?

My idea also. Ain't sure about its usefulness :-/

That's a backend concern, we don't need to be concerned with that.  It
> is paramount that we do not automagically alter any key name, otherwise
> we'll break form serialization.

Exactly.

> 5. { foo:[undefined] } or { foo:[] } becomes ""
> OK?  Consistent yet somehow feels weird...  On the other hand, bijection
> mandates this result.

The latter (empty array case) becomes "" in Rails, too (extracted from its
tests)

Thanks for the input