On 6/27/07, Tobias Haagen Michaelsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One of the reasons I love Prototype is because it utilises the strengths
> of the language.
> I don't want a lot of new 'magic' ways of doing stuff that is already
> possible pretty clean ways.

We're aiming for this feature to be as simple (meaning short) as possible.
We're not making Java out if it - we will let JavaScript 2.0 specification
do that. We just want to utilize prototype-based inheritance in a way that
is intuitive to most programmers. While doing that, we're embracing some
already established conventions from other languages in order not to
re-invent everything.