Slew of things to reply to...

I like the API and syntax in the original demo posted in the first
thread. I like this much more than Base.

In regards to the whole class method / instance method debate mid
thread, I took a cue from ruby, and *always* do the following:

MyClass.classMethod();
o = new MyClass();
o.instanceMethod();

Which is to say, I always always use the full class name, and inside
of a class method, never use "this". That way you can pass it
anywhere, in any context and everything works as expected. I don't
think class methods should be something the library handles for you.

I'd also like to voice strong opposition to any syntax which has you
pass in instance methods and class methods as two different hashes.
Instance methods via Class.create({...}) or
Object.extend(MyClass.prototype,{...}) and class methods via
Object.extend(MyClass,{...}). Logically this makes so much sense to
me.

Mixins. Not an edge case in any way. *And*, as more people learn the
finer points of JS, we are only going to see them get used more and
more.

Next up, keywords. $, $super, $parent, in a word: NO! Part logic,
mostly emotion. It just doesn't feel right. I liked this.parent()
after 30 seconds or so, but my first impression was that it referred
to the parent class, not the parent method. Once I realized what it
actually did it makes perfect sense though.

(Mislav) "We're not making Java out if it - we will let JavaScript 2.0
specification do that." - let's hope not, but it looks that way!