@Key Snyder - correct I was assuming Array.prototype was not extended
and that we were using wrappers.

@kangax

I don't think there would be confusion with things like $$
(..).getValue() here.

Keep in mind users do use the equiv of  $$('#myId') and that in those
cases you are expecting 1 result
so the desired behavior of a readAttribute, or getValue or anything
getting a property
is to return from the only matched item.

jQuery takes $('input').val(), (our $$('input').getValue()) and only
returns the value of the first item regardless of how many elements
are matched.
If you want an array of values then $$('input').invoke('getValue')
would do.

I think millions of downloads and that its popularity among casual/new
programmers
speaks to its ease of use.

Anyway I like the direction things are headed,
can't wait to start hammering on code :).

- JDD