I meant that if you were to validate your code, having
autocomplete="false" in the form element would cause it to fail.

Scripty magically adds the behavior using JavaScript, which is then
valid code.

Many many things about Prototype (and by extension, Scripty) rely on
your code being squeaky-clean and valid. I am not saying that is the
root of your problem here, just that you should make every attempt to
fix the things that keep a page from validating before calling "bug"
on anything Prototype-based.

Walter