On Feb 5, 9:29 pm, Michael <mich...@vermontsnows.com> wrote:
> Thank you all - Kangax's low profile technique works like a champ.
>
> Walter Lee: Regular expressions hurt my head. I will get there one
> day.
>
> The actual thing I am working on take about 100 alpha/numeric
> sequences of no real logical order... so making it in regular
> expression would take far longer (for me) then juts stubbing the 100
> sequences in there.

In Perl, I would not use regular expressions for this at all, but a
hash:

(equivalent of)
var hash = {V30000: true, B47242:true,  V54000:true};

function checkValid(value)
{
  return hash[value];
}
(or 'return hash[value] == true' if you're picky).

This is a good idea in Perl because the language is optimised for
accessing hash values: I don't know how true that is in javascript.

Colin