I have an application that uses Ajax.updater. As it runs over the internet sometimes the response can take 10 seconds, by which time the user thinks that it did not work so I would like to show a message as soon as the link is clicked to fire the Ajax request. I am however befuddled. If I set the innerHTML of the div with the message, it wipes out the form that needs to be sent.
If I use onSuccess, it takes too long.
Suggestions ?

--
Bill Drescher