Hi Richard,

> sort of thing.

OT, and not to throw a spanner in, but I assume if you're doing that,
you have an ID on every checkbox and a `for` on every label (so the
labels know what checkbox they relate to). You can avoid that and
ditch the span as well:

That will automatically associate the label with the checkbox, no IDs
or `for`s required.

Re the sorting:

> So once the client has tidied the display, I know how many columns I
> can have to fill.

Do you know this before you create the grid? Or do you have to create
the grid before you know how many columns you have, and *then* sort
it?