Morning TJ!

I know it SHOULD work... I'm just saying it didnt.

works:
    // set radio button for type
    selectThis = {selectID: 'type', selectValue:
transport.responseXML.getElementsByTagName('type')[0].firstChild.nodeValue
};
    $$(radioTemplate.evaluate(selectThis))[0].writeAttribute("checked",
"checked");
 didn't work:
    var selectThis
= transport.responseXML.getElementsByTagName('type')[0].firstChild.nodeValue;
    $$("input[type=radio][name='type'][value='" + selectThis +
"']").writeAttribute("checked", "checked");

ALSO:

This works:
    selectThis = {matchString:
transport.responseXML.getElementsByTagName('state')[0].firstChild.nodeValue
};
    $$('select#ajstate option').each(function(o){
      if(o.value == selectTemplate.evaluate(selectThis)){o.selected =
true;$break;}
    });

But moving it into a function doesn't:
    setSelect('ajState',
transport.responseXML.getElementsByTagName('state')[0].firstChild.nodeValue);
function setSelect(strID, strValue)
{
  var selectIDTemplate = new Template('#{matchID}');
  var selectTemplate = new Template('#{matchString}');
  var selectThis;
  var selectID;

  selectID = {matchID: strID};
  selectThis = {matchString: strValue };
  $$('select#selectIDTemplate.evaluate(selectID) option').each(function(o){
    if(o.value == selectTemplate.evaluate(selectThis)){o.selected =
true;$break;}
I think I am either daft or extremely tired! LOL