Hi

I think the error might be to do with this section of code:

...).down('input.previous')...

this is calling for the first input with a class name of 'previous'
within the element with the id of 'paging', what I'm assuming you were
trying to do was get the element that comes before the first input in
the element with the id of 'paging' if so the following should work:

$('paging').down('input').previous().observe('click',
_msoS.handlePagingSubmit.bindAsEventListener(_msoS, $F('myselect')));

If not, could you post the entirety of your code including your HTML?
Then perhaps I may be of more help.

Cheers,

Chris