Walter,

> Sure, this is something I have struggled with as well. The return from
> a Template.evaluate call is not the generated object, but some other
> form of return (probably a boolean success or something like that --
> not exactly sure).

`Template.evaluate`[1] doesn't create objects, it generates strings.
It accepts an input object and evaluates the template according to the
properties on that object, returning the generated string. It has
nothing to do with creating elements, although it's frequently used to
create HTML strings you might then pass into `Element.update`. But
that's just one use; Phil's using it to create a selector.

[1] http://api.prototypejs.org/language/Template/
Independent Software Engineer
tj / crowder software / com
www / crowder software / com