On Sunday, 28 October 2012 22:06:35 UTC, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

> I use elm to stand for element, and evt to stand for event. It's just a
> habit I have, to keep clear in my head what I am dealing with when I use an
> observer or an iterator.

<snip>

I see - that seems like a very good habit for me to copy!

I prefer unobtrusive observers for several reasons.

> First, they remove the masses of repeating inline code from the HTML,

<snip>

> Second, if your observer is all in one place, you can make sweeping
> changes without having to go back and rewrite every invocation of the
> method.

<snip>

Again, that makes a lot of sense, expecially now I've read over everything
again this morning.

Thanks again for your help, Walter - I spent most of Friday on this, and
wouldn't have worked it out on my own.