On Jan 27, 2013, at 4:10 PM, Phil Petree wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I'm implementing the scriptaculous inplace editor and I have it working
> except for one small detail:
>
> If I activate the editor, click cancel, activate the editor again I get two
> inplace editors.  cancel those and activate again and I get three.  cancel
> those and activate again and I get four... and on and on and on...
>
> What's the trick to this?  Here's my code:
>
> html:
>
> javascript:
> function editName(element, id)
> {
>   new Ajax.InPlaceEditor(element, 'name_inpl_ajax.php', {
>       okText: " Save ",
>       cancelControl: "button",
>       callback: function(form, value) {
>           return 'id=' +id + '&name='+encodeURIComponent(value)
>       }
>   });
> }

This editor isn't behaving as documented lately, I had an occasion to upgrade a
working editor to the latest versions of Prototype and Scriptaculous, and found
that clicking to edit the second time would cause the editor to load the
editing form itself for editing. Not a good time for my client!

You might want to look at this option:

> Removing the behavior
> To disable the InPlaceEditor behavior later on, store it in a variable like:
>
> var editor = new Ajax.InPlaceEditor('product_1'
> ,...);
>  (...
> do
>  stuff ..)
>  editor.dispose();
>
> This way, you can enable and disable " In Place Editing
> ":http://madrobby.github.com/scriptaculous/in-place-editing at will.

See if that can work around the issue for you.

Walter