Well, the sure-fire way is to hide other tracks and only show the track you're
working on. The other thing you can do is use the Control-; (semicolon) or
Control-p commands to move down or up, respectively, through the tracks. When
you hear the track for which you wish to delete the automation, make sure
you're displaying the automation you wish to delete and move to the beginning,
press Option-Shift-Return to select everything to the end and hit delete.

HTH,

Slau