Hi folks,

So yesterday, I started out recording my first entirely PT based
project since getting back on Avid's horse. For the most part, the
session went pretty well. I'm digging into comping takes and doing
some tidying up today, and noticing that my Mac is seriously
struggling. Wondered whether anyone more seasoned could give an
opinion about whether this is normal.

So, I'm running a Core2Duo 2.4ghz, 2gb RAM, the session is running
from the system drive in an effort to see what the limitations of
traveling extra light are, but that drive is definitely 7200 RPM. The
session I'm working with has 20 tracks, most of which have two plugins
in the forms of compressor/gate/EQ etc. There's also two instances of
Sansamp PSA-1, and one instance of Eleven. Seeing as I'm no longer
recording, I've taken the H/W buffer size to 1024, and made pretty
much everything that I'm not using inactive.

Should this spec of Mac really be on it's knees at this point? I know
it's not the latest and greatest, but a buddy of mine's Mac mini can
cope with this without breaking a sweat. The difference is that he's
using an older hence inaccessible version of PT, version 7 I think.

Any advice welcome, even if it's time for my Mac to be checked into
the big genius bar in the sky...

Scott