Thanks for all this but a few more questions. Can I get a trial
version of PT 9 from someware to try it out? The MBP has only one
firewire port, how would I connect a hard drive and my sound card, can
you dazy chane them? What would be better a SSD drive or a external
7200 RPM drive? I use focusrite cards, they have software called
safire mix control, one uses it to control the sound card the sample
rates and internal routing, do you know if this software is
accessible? You guys asked what I record, for now I mostly record
small stuff never more than 8 tracks at a time and never use a lot of
plug ins while mixing, only EQ dynamics and maybe a effect on vocals.
I want to however record 24 track in the future but by that time I'll
hopefully have the money to upgrade my mac to whatever I need then.