Hey Gordon,

There are others on the list who have experimented with dragging tracks within
the track list. Chuck will have a particularly entertaining approach that
involves standing on one leg and waving something or other above one's head.
I'll leave that dance to others to describe. For now, let me just mention that
Pro Tools creates new tracks immediately next to any selected track. In other
words, if you select a track within a series of tracks and create a new track,
it'll appear to the right of the currently selected track.

HTH,

Slau