Hello:

The MAC MINI Server has two 500 GB 7200 rpm drives.

Cheers.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Casey" <brian_w_ca...@hotmail.com>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Ideal mac for recording/editing/mixing

Kevin,

I like your ideas on the third party options etc, seems practical and something I'd look into. The Mini server particularly sounds interesting. Other than saving on the screen, what differences would there be between the MBP and the mini? I heard the mini and the imacs have just laptop components in them anyway, but would they have better cooling, would they be less well equiped for portable use etc? Basically, I'm thinking about buying a laptop for using live for various stuff, but if it was as portable, why not grab a mini server too, if nothing else, it would be easier to disguise on stage without a screen etc.

Any thoughts? I'd just like to get the best bang for buck for something portable and it makes sense just to buy apple even if I dual boot with windows for the moment.

Brian.