I put them on the same track quite often, I just adjust the input gain on one or the other to adjust the amount of each affect going to the bus or track. Not sure how it works in PT, but you can genraly creat a sub bus as well to rout say your main reverb bus through, and on the sub bus you would put your delay. On most daws, it is a matter of a half dozen clicks to do a thing like that. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Norman" <chris.norm...@googlemail.com>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 8:28 AM
Subject: Re: Please help me with documentation

Picture this:
You have your three singers from your previous example. You've eq'd
each track, so they sound fine on their own, but you think "Wow, I'd
love to add reverb and delay". If you put both reverb and delay onto
each track, it'll take up a fair few resources, and you may get some
odities, because either the reverb will reverberate the delay sound,
or vice verser. So, you create an Aux send, which you put reverb on.
Then you could send all the tracks you want the reverb on, to that 1
track, then you could send another to another channel with delay on.
This keeps everything isolated, and means if you decide you
particularly love your reverb sound, you don't need to chuck the same
settings on multiple tracks.

Also, if you had the hardware, you could use an AUX send for a monitor
feed, which you could then send to your headphones, or a line of
monitors or something.

HTH