OK, I found it, and I can happily examine the control. It seems to be telling
me it's a button, but then text area is mentioned too. Is there any way to
bundle up all the information I found, and send it off to Apple, and / or Avid
for analysis?

Funnily enough, when I ran a full accessibility analysis of Pro Tools, the only
things that kicked off errors were the pan knobs having a press action, and
about 140 errors from what looked like Apple's own inputs menu.

Cheers,

Just downloading xCode on my Lion in

Take care,
Chris Norman