OK guys. I am in the market for getting a new keyboard to use with my ProTools setup. I have a few models in mind, but the one that really stands out is the Yamaha Motif. So, I have a few questions. First of all, I assume that this keyboard would be totally compatible with PT based on what I've read and seen. Second of all, here's the little favor I have to ask. I know that a butt load of you don't do this stuff as a hobby, but more as a living to put food on your table, clothes on your back, and nappies on your kids bum bums, OK, juwst kidding on the last one, LOL! but bottom line is, you don't do free work, nor do I expect anyone to, but hear me out on this. I also understand this is probably not exactly the list to ask this, so I'm gonna keep this very direct, to the point, short and sweet, and very sparing.

Basically, I've looked at a Motif, yes. but the thing is, within PT, I'm wanting to use the main samples that come on the keyboard itself, so I'd probably run it through it's line out, into my interface. The only thing is, I've heard some of the samples, like the grand pianos a few of the guitars, maybe a few of the drum kits, etc. but I never really have heard them in context. I've heard a few sequences which have been done but it didn't really give me a good idea, as it's not really exactly the style I'll be doing.

With this said, I'm not going to sit here and ask any of you to do Beethoven's fifth synthany or something complex, don't worry, that's not even my style, but rather let's take this real easy. I want to hear something in context, a song that I actually know and can follow, so that I can better not only hear the samples in context but can even know what exactly I'm listenning for. With music I don't know, it's hard as I don't exactly know where things should go in the first place. I don't want anything major, but if any of you on here have a motif, and a way to patch it through PT, using the internal sequencer just within the Motif itself, and all onboard samples, nothing from a soft synth what so ever, let's just say something with only 2 chords the whole way through, just basically C, and G/G7. It's not really my choice of music, but it's something very easy that I don't think would take much any effort to do. Could someone maybe make me an mp3 of basically piano, drums, base and maybe guitar doing Skip to my Lou? I know again this isn't really the list to ask this per sey. I promise I'm not gonna keep asking. I'm making this one request, and that'll be the end of it, no questions asked. I cross my heart! I just want to hear in real time what I'm getting. This way, I can better decide if indeed the motif really will have the sound I'm looking for when certain samples are combined. I don't need anything done real fancy. Just wsomething like this simple that will give me an idea.

If willing, my e-mail address is:

clgillan...@gmail.com

I also know this probably will not happen over night. Take all the time you need. If it takes upward of a week, that's fine. Just let me know however that if I am willing to be patient, you will do it for me. This way I keep in the loop. OK, enough said. I'm finnished. I won't ask anymore on list about this being it's a bit off topic. That's my sincere whole hearted promise, so help me god.

Chris Gilland.
Founder of CLG Productions
http://www.clgproductions.com
E-mail: ch...@clgproductions.com
Phone: 803-760-7136
Toll-Free: 1-888-405-3185
Mon-Fri 8A.M-5P.M Eastern Standard Time except weekends and holidays.