I'm using the Project Mix I/O. Like the Digi003 (I think), it has 8
mic pre amps. I've not got the transport bar to work, but then I
haven't tried with it much.

I'm using it as both control surface, and sound module, and I think
it's great. It also has the advantage of being cheap. However, it's
been running for years, and hasn't got a single problem, so I'm
guessing it's built to last! :-)

Have fun,

Take care,

Chris Norman.