A couple things that  have come up recently. First of all, more of a mixing
question, but when mixing vocals for example, and putting compression on
it. Should I put the compression plugin on the insert on the vocal tracks
themselves, or is it the same if I put it on the Vocal FX Aux track I
created? In my song I have three layers of vocals in the chorus, and I'm
wondering if there's a difference if I put the compressor on the insert or
make a Chorus FX track and put one compressor on that and just create a
send on each vocal track that busses over to that aux. It seems like a send
"sends" the signal out to a bus, and also send it to the normal outputs,
i.e you'll have both an affected and unaffected signal if you're doing
that. Which is probably fine for things like delay and reverb, but effectgs
like EQ and compression where you want to change the sound entirely, I feel
like you would still get the original signal leaking through. Is this what
inserts are for?