For the buffer size 64 or 32 is great for tracking, but feel free to krank that
up as high as it would go for mixing  and see how performance improoves.  If
things do, then you can start bringing it down little by little over time  and
find the cut off point. If i am not mistaken   delay compensation only will
really make a difference if the project starts to play out of sync wit itself.
if this isn't happening then you probably aren running into delay compensation
issues.