Hello folks.
I have a little problem here. I'm trying to hook up my M-Audio project mix to
my Pro tools with a Firewire cable, since i figure that's how it's done. I have
a 21 inch Imac from around 2011 and i wonder where to hook up the Project mix
since it looks like the project mix can't communicate with the Protools i have.
I get a warning that it can not communicate with HUI which i understand is the
protocol to be used.
Could anyone please explain to me what i need to do and what cable to use? I
got a cable with the interface, but i don't understand how to hook it up. It
looks like it has a Usb Micro or a mini usb connection in one end and a
firewire connection in the other. It may be, however, that there's a firewire
mini connection, i don't know and if so it doesn't fit anywhere on the computer
and i don't see a mini firewire connection on the Project mix itself.
Also are there some setting in the pro tools that should be changed in any way
and if so, how?
Please help i've gone from confused, (my usual state of mind) to feeling
utterly bewildered and stupid.
/Krister the newbie