I haven't picked up a new pre yet, I have two still and don't want to try and
put a bandaid on anything if I don't have my recording chain consistent. I am
wondering if I should invest in a couple channels of good converters before i
think about picking up another pre amp. Any thoughts, views or suggestions
would be appreciated. Right now my enterfaces are the 002 and an Onyx 1640I,
both are firewire and the converters in the Mackie seem to be more transparent
than the 002's.
Nate Kile, Cross Road Recording Studios, specializing in Mixing, Mastering and
all your audio needs. www.crossroadrecording.com