I will check that out Gord, how are the AD converters?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gordon Kent
  To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 4:40 PM
  Subject: Re: Understanding a Mackie universal pro with PT

  This is why I really like my alesis master mix control surface.  It works
well with a lot of daws including pro tools, and it does have a decent audio
interface.

  Although it only has 2 mic pres, it does have 8 line inputs and s/pdif and
adat inputs.  The jog wheel is very smooth for scrubbing, and for around $750
you can’t beat it.