Hi Steve,

Welcome to the list. I can't comment on the comparison to sonar as I've never
used it. I've used Pro Tools since around 2001 after switching from an analog
console and multitrack tape machine. I won't sugarcoat it: you have a steep
learning curve in front of you. You'll need to understand VoiceOver like the
back of your hand as well as have a good grasp of the OS and how it works.
Aside from that, Pro Tools is undoubtedly a complex program but so is Sonar and
you learned that over time so, most importantly, you'll have to plan to spend a
bunch of time learning it if you decide to go down this path.

Cheers,

Slau