Hi, I would look at the guitar center stores as I got my digi 003 there on line and they are still around if you search for them. Mine came with an older version of pro tools but as I already had my pro tools 10 I did not use it but still have it and the ilok for that earlier version. How much do you think I could get for that older ilok and the pro tools software version 8? Nick Gawronski
On 4/11/2014 9:27 PM, Steve Sparrow wrote:
ok. Here is the deal. I am upgrading my studio set up.
I have the mackie m c u pro control surface. I have a professional studio, I do all sorts of recording, including some full band recording. So I need a lot of i o. and lots of mic prees.

I have been thinking about the motu 869 mk 3 audio interface. It looks good, as it has 8 mic line press, and heaps of other things including an optical in and out. I have a focus right octopree, that I will run out of the optical to give me more inputs. But i don't know if this motu interface works with voice over on a mac. I like the motu because it also has gain nobs on each channel, and the gain control is not software controlled. How ever i've never seen one. Just read about them. I'm not sold on it, and i'm quite interested in looking at anything that will accomplish this task and meet my recording needs. But i'm a bit stuck as to just what is accessible. I don't want to fork out money, and find i can't access at least the basics.

From what i can gather, the divi 002 and divi 003 do not exhist anymore. So i can't buy one. Which is a bugger, cause they sound like a good option. Any thoughts welcome. On 12 Apr 2014, at 2:48 am, Poppa Bear <heavens4r...@gmail.com <mailto:heavens4r...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Well Steve, I would think about the Digi 002, 003 or avid artust series. The Digi 002 will be the cheepist, but if you need good built in preamps, it is the bottom of the line more or less. Also, the 002 can work with Protools 11, but may not carry over to any versions after 11, I have a 002 and a 003 as well as the onyx 1620I. Are you going to use outboard pres or converters? Are you going to be recording professionally for clients, or for more personal stuff? These answers will make a difference. If you were recording for your self, you could probably get away with some of the UA apollo stuff and have some decent converters, pres and affects/plugs, but if you will have larger sessions where you would record multable sources at once then a control surface would be the way to go IMO.

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:*Steve Sparrow <mailto:i...@sparrowsound.com.au>
    *To:*ptaccess@googlegroups.com <mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
    *Sent:*Thursday, April 10, 2014 9:43 PM
    *Subject:*RE: taking the plunge

    Hey Poppa bear. I was wondering if you could tell me what audio
    interface-soundcard you run with pro tools. I'm interested to
    know what you rrun , as I'm about to upgrade, and need more
    advice on choosing something, that will take care of all my audio
    needs, and is accessable.
    I've bought a mac book pro, and am learning voice over, and I
    love it.
    Hoping to start investigating tools in a couple of months
    Stgeve