I know there was some mention of Ivory Grand Pianos on the list but I suspect
it might have been before the AAX version came out. I attended the NAMM show at
the time when Ivory was first  introduced. The stand-alone version seemed quite
accessible. Of course, at the time, Pro Tools wasn't accessible so the whole
virtual piano thing wasn't something that concerned me a great deal. Now that
Synthogy put out an AAX version of the plug-in, I thought I'd take a chance and
check it out.

The plug-in is fully accessible in Pro Tools. Ironically, now the stand-alone
version seems not to be accessible although I can't confirm that categorically.
There might be an initial screen that's preventing me from diving in deeper.
I'll give an update on that if I have any success. Concerning the AAX plug-in,
as expected, the library preset browser is not visible but, of course, those
presets can be called up with sighted assistance and saved as plug-in presets.
Someone posted the original Ivory presets a while ago and those are backwards
compatible but there are a bunch of new presets for Ivory II. I'll share those
when I have them ready.

For those unfamiliar with Ivory II, it consists of three main piano models: a
Bosendorfer Imperial, a German Steinway and a Yamaha C7. Each of the pianos has
several versions differing in dynamics resolution. The highest values have the
highest levels of dynamics. Parameters such as sympathetic resonance, pedal
noise, stick height, stereo perspective, among other parameters can be saved
into presets. Regardless of preset, any of the parameters can be easily
changed. Switching between pianos causes the parameters to reset so that's
where presets come in handy for recalling favorite settings.

There's a new American Steinway D that is spectacular and can either be added
to the Ivory II Grand Pianos library or used stand-alone or as its own AAX
plug-in. I've gone through a bunch of virtual pianos and many are really quite
good but ivory is the one by which all others are judged and it is truly
spectacular. Since it's a streaming instrument, an external drive is pretty
much a requirement and an SSD would be even more desirable. SSD drives costing
what they do, the advantage, apart from performance, is that you don't need a
backup drive since the samples come on DVD disks. In the highly unlikely event
of an SSD failure, you always have a backup.

Anyway, just sharing the experience. As I said, one or two people on the list
did mention it but there was never much of a discussion.