Ah, if that's what was meant, yes, what's in the timeline is a region that
could be a whole file or not.

just to add to Steve's comments, it's not necessary to bounce, per se. If
you're working on a file whose beginning and end has been trimmed, you can
simply Compact the file to get rid of anything that has been chopped off.
Further, even if you've sliced up a file in many places, you can select the
entire range and Consolidate the regions. This will create a new continuous
file with the edits. Keep in mind that this deletes the regions from the
timeline although they will still reside in the clips list. One thing you can
do to preserve your edits is to duplicate the playlist and then consolidate the
copy. Your edits will still exist on the original playlist and the duplicated
playlist will contain the consolidated file.

Hope that helps,

Slau