Two things you might want to check is whether you have any other open windows.
Use Control-Option-f2 f2 to bring up a list of open windows. Make sure you only
have the Mix or Mix and Edit windows open. Also, Use Control-Option-f1 f1 to
make sure you don't have system dialogs or notifications blocking your access.
Further, you might try zooming the Mix window and, finally, select the scroll
to track function from the Tracks menu. With mouse pointer following the
VoiceOver cursor, you should be able to perform the physical click.

Slau