Personally, maybe I'm an extremist, but my advice is don't transpose! That's a crutch! OK, if you need to bang something out really quickly, and it has to be done, like, now? then OK, do it if you absolutely absolutely must, but frankly, you're never going to get better if you don't just try. I, for the longest time cheated and used transpose. Well, that went over real real freaking well when I was asked to play Oh Holy Night at a Christmas candlelight service. Oh, never mind the fact that they wanted me to do it in C Sharp major, then modulate up to D sharp major. Boy was I in for a rude awakening that night, seeing that they had no keyboard. All they had was a true baby grand piano. So, I couldn't cheat, even if I wanted to. And being the church orchestra was playing along with me, it's not like I could a lowered it to C, modulate to D, no one'll notice unless they have perfect pitch. It wasn't that easy. I knew I was doomed! I got through it, but only by the hairs on the back of my scrawny kneck.

From that point forward, I made it a huge priority to never, never never
ever ever ever! use transpose again, if I at all could help it. Now that I am quite confident in all 12 keys, I feel I could now have gotten through that performance quite easily, which to me is very very rewarding!

Just a word of encouragement, I know some keys feel real real awquard. Trust me, oh, baby, don't I know it! But stick with it! Keep practicing, as though it won't come over night, you will! build the muscel memory. I promise you!

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Slau Halatyn" <slauhala...@gmail.com>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: transposing

BTW, your other option, although I feel that transposing the keyboard itself is the best, is to use the Audio Suite Pitch plug-in to change the pitch of the original audio, record the MIDI, go back to the original audio and transpose the MIDI notes. The artifacts of the audio transposition will be fairly poor but good enough for reference. Duplicating the playlist at the outset is a must, of course.

Slau