The reason i suggest starting at 44.1khz is that unless you have a high end
interface chances are your interface while capable may not perform its best at
88.2khz or 96khz.  There are proven test to verify this incase you want to put
your sound card to the challenge.   I assumed the person asking the question
(since they did after all ask the question) that they were relatively new and
using modes gear, so suggest an option that would get them quality results
without taxing their system,.