OK,

You may find the solution under the Mac's sounds, output and input.
See if your Mac can see your this device. Set it as default. Then look
in Protools under set up hardware. You may have to get Protools to
"see" the device, too.

I hope this helps.
Vaughn

On 11/19/15, Slau Halatyn <slauhala...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Darwin,
>
> Just saw that you posted this message here before we had communicated
> off-list. Another approach you can take to eliminate variables and make sure
> you're getting signal to begin with is to create an aux track and
> instantiate a signal generator plug-in. The generator will automatically
> come up generating a tone. That way, you're sure to have a signal coming
> through and work on getting your monitor out confirmed. Also, BTW, make sure
> your playback engine has the 003 set to be the output. After that's sorted
> out, you'll probably want to go through the "Getting Started" pdf manual to
> get oriented. Keep us posted on your progress.
>
> Slau
>
> On Nov 19, 2015, at 10:37 PM, Darwin May <dmay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello, guys, I am a person who is new at pro tools, I got a 003 consul and
>> I am trying to get sound through it to the ProTools software. At the
>> current moment I am running ProTools 11.3, I am waiting on my order of the
>> official ProTools to come in, so I am using the demo version as of right
>> now. The situation is as follows, I am using a 003 surface controller I
>> have two cables running from powered monitor speakers to the monitor jacks
>> on the back, then I have my keyboard running into channel 1, I have all
>> drivers and software installed on my MacBook pro, such as the 003 family
>> driver and of course ProTools. I have my channel 1 going to input one mono
>> and on the output part of the track I have set Output one, sorry if sounds
>> silly. I am new with ProTools I have always use logic in the past. Any
>> help would be greatly appreciated.

Vaughn Brown
Berklee College of Music Graduate, Bachelor in Music, Drummer, educator
504-202-8492
http://www.vaughnbrown.net