I sure miss my Tascam Peter. I went the way of the Mackie because I have a
really nice mixer with Great preamp. But the digi  would do well as Poppa has
told you for mixing and controlling. That unit will not serve as a standalone
mixer like our Tascam  units did. It will record and it will automate and do
the same things but it is not a standalone unit to plug into powered speakers
and provide sound. The 002 will do that but not the 003.

Ricky Prevatte LMBT1154