Krister, I don't know where you're getting your infomation, but it's wrong for
the most part.

Are you telling me that to get an Apigy surface, which normally goes for
around 5 brand in the US, you're gonna spend upwards of 10 grand in Sweden?
Twice the cost?  Surely Sweden is not that bad off in a financial crisis, or,
are they?  Also realize that the apigy, is pretty much top of the line for
consumer grade stuff.  OK, yeah, if you want something like, well, being you're
from Sweden, you've probably heard of this band so I'll use 'em as an example:
if you want something like Per Gessle and Marie Fredriksson from Roxette would
use, then yeah, you'll be looking at 5 figures, easy, but for what most
consumers not running a huge huge label like EMI or RCA would need, you could
get away with quite lower than that.

Remember too, it's not about necessarily getting higher end gear.  I had to
learn this the hard way.  The gear is only as good as the person using it.  If
you aren't experienced, you could take a 50 million dollar studio setup,
literally speaking that much, and make it sound like an old whax cilinder
recording, no better.  Or, you could take a 10 dollar microphone, pop some
compression, and lots upon lots of E Q tweaking on it, and get it to sound like
a 2000 dollar mike.  OK, granted, I'd never waist my time with that project,
but! the point is, it could be done.

What exactly is it that you're wanting to be able to do with the hardware, that
you feel would require something so expensive/high end?  Let's start there.
I'm not doubting you.  I'm just trying to better understand where you're coming
from.
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.